Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Singing in the Rain

Rain, thunder and lightning...all the makings of a fantasy Qatari movie. Well, the big screen came to life yesterday in full force and the rerun is playing today. This is probably one of the few venues in the world where rain is a trending topic in the twitosphere. There were even reports popping up in Facebook from my cross town blogger/friend, Gina, that it was hailing in her neighborhood. I went for my walk right before noon today and absentmindedly put on my sunglasses. Halfway through my walk, I realized the umbrella was the accessory I needed. Yep, I was singing in the rain, but to Eric Clapton on the iPod, not Gene Kelly. Pretty surreal. Where was all this rain when Khalifa Tennis Stadium was burning down :(



thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. haha, i like this post...i was so surprised when it started raining, too...and loved the shout out to gene kelly. that used to be my favorite movie!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...