Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

What's Happening?!

NOTHING! We have no vacations booked, soccer games to see, tennis stars to have tea with. I'm at a loss. To add insult to injury, David worked both the weekend days from sunup to sundown and I'm going insane. Ok, rant over. Better already. Gotta find the positive.

We don't have any trips booked, but one is brewing. No details until it's in stone. I don't want to jinx anything, but if it does come through...it will be VERY exciting.

We are going home in May for child number three's college graduation. Yay, Kayla! I love those four year degrees completed in four years. That makes me smile. She's got her apps in all across the US of A. Time will tell where she'll end up. My guess, Austin. She's always been a homebody, which is fine by me.

This weekend Doha is hosting the IAAF World Indoor Championship. It runs from March 12th to March 14th.Here's the link to their Doha Facebook fan page. Athletes from all over the world will be arriving in Qatar to compete.


Aah, here's another find for sports enthusiasts. The Moto Grand Prix of Qatar will be taking place April 9th through April 11th at the Losail International Circuit under the lights. Sounds fast and exhilarating.

Then there is always the Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra that I have yet to hear. They will be performing at Aspire Zone (Ladies Club) at 7:00pm on March 13th.

Ok, so we do have some stuff going on. As usual, seek and ye shall find. On second thought, I'm not sure about that find part. Just because you find it in print doesn't mean you will find it in reality. This is Doha. Nothing is as it seems and everything is subject to change.

thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...