Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, March 12, 2010

"Nothin' to Do and All Day to Do It"

The title is a quote from the Styx song, Too Much Time on My Hands, which is exactly my dilemma right now. Well, more so than usual. I had a melt down for just that reason yesterday. I know, many of you wish that was your problem. Stop with all the rotten tomatoes coming my way. The situation is that my significant other has been working day in day out, including weekends. Our nightly brief encounter between 8:00pm and 9:00pm is getting really old. All he has time for when he gets home is to eat and crawl in bed. I need adult interaction when he gets home and he's too tired to talk or listen to me yak. I know, I know, I'm not the only wife to go through this, but right now, it is all about me. I'm going crazy. So, my poor husband had to be on the other side of my melt down last night (which he handled so well, by the way). So now, on top of all his stress at work, he's got me to worry about. Hopefully, they'll get their unit up and running soon, before I really go bonkers. I have to remind myself that I knew this day would come. After all, this is why we are here. Aww, you guys are great. Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders, too.

Too Much Time on My Hands ~ Styx (click arrow to play)


3 comments:

  1. Aww, I hope it will be over soon so you can talk David's ear off again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He handled it so well because he was too tired to care! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Fran! And, where's the love, sis?!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...