Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, March 15, 2010

From MIA to Lo Spaghetto

Today, our Doha Ladies' group checked out the Pearl Exhibit at Doha's Museum of Islamic Art. I'm not a big artifact person, but I was pleasantly impressed by the collection on display. Did you know there are "pearlized" worms? I don't know what the real term is, but they were quite interesting. No paparazzi was allowed in the Pearl Exhibit, so I can't help you with visuals today. My favorite item was a pearl carpet that was absolutely exquisite. I told the guard that I'd send my husband later to collect it for me. She was pretty agreeable, but somehow I don't think that'll fly. There were also some nice tiaras that I think Kristi wouldn't mind getting her hands on. I snapped a Doha skyline for you while I was waiting for the group to reassemble for lunch. Doha is turning into an almost enviable metropolis.


Afterward, our group headed to Lo Spaghetto for a chatty Italian lunch. Sorry, I wasn't thinking "blog" when I was eating or I would have photographed the menu and my entree for you. I've been to the restaurant twice before and wasn't super impressed. Maybe it was simply because they didn't serve iced tea which automatically puts an eatery in the "loser" category for David. Today, I thoroughly enjoyed my crepes with ricotta and spinach in bechemel sauce. So, I think I'm up for an attitude adjustment. Ciao!

Mini Review:

Crepes with spinach & ricotta in bechemel sauce - 42QR
Atmosphere: Quaint, bright, inviting
Service: Very good
Location: Al Sadd area

It is on the same side road as Al Asmakh Mall (Centerpoint). It's just a little past the Family Food Palace.

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...