Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Top Chef...Stop Laughing

Since all my artistic energy was spent at work today (insert plug)Sherry Patrizi Photography*(end plug), I'll just leave you with a recipe. I know, that sounds hilarious knowing the chef that I am, but it's all I got. I needed something to do with the two small tomatoes I picked from the garden last night, so I concocted stole this recipe from Tajine Restaurant in the souqs and used a whole lot of creative license with it. It's a nice and crunchy different take on salad. Feel free to ad lib. I sure did.

1 bell pepper diced
1 cucumber diced
1 tomato (I used 2 small ones) diced
1 pineapple slice (all I had) diced

I didn't really measure anything, so give it your best shot!

dressing:
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
salt
pepper
oregano
basil
1/2 to 1 teaspoon sugar (I used Splenda, of course)

I made my dressing ahead of time so it could chill in the fridge where the diced veggies were also chilling. Toss together and serve.

*I have to suck up after my "Dishing on Sherry" post.


thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


3 comments:

  1. The best part is that it is good! I'm out of pineapple, so I'm trying it with apple or grapes next. Don't tell anyone, but it's healthy, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting salad. The pineapple is a surprising touch.

    Since you're using homegrown tomatoes, show off your dish in our "Grow Your Own" roundup this month. To participate, find the details here:

    http://chezannies.blogspot.com/2010/03/announcing-grow-your-own-40.html

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...