Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's Just a Matter of Time


I wish I could say this is an unusual scene that I drove past this week, but it happens so often that it's just part of the scenery. Roadside art in Qatar. When we moved to Doha we were told, "It's not if you get in an accident, it's when". Comforting words for newbies. So it seems David and I are driving the Tahoe on borrowed time. Could my up close and personal encounter with a parking garage column months back count for my share of incidents? And, David has had a collision with a flying rock that left a ding in the windshield. Or, perhaps our friends have absorbed our share of fender benders. I'm not naming names, but they do have a blog in my left hand column. I'll just call them Tina and Mike. The clock is ticking. Can we beat it?



It's Just a Matter of Time ~ Brooks Benton

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...