Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, October 13, 2008

From Austria to Reality



It's hard getting back to reality after coming off that Austria trip. It truly was gorgeous. David and I vowed to do a streudel & latte tour while there and we did succeed. We did sub tiramisu a couple of times, but the Italian influence there is so great that we knew we wouldn't be let down and we weren't. Most days it was our afternoon snack in lieu of lunch, since the "American" buffet breakfasts at the hotels were quite indulging. David swears that we walked enough to counter any effects from all the calories consumed. I have to pat myself on the back as I have unpacked, washed and put away. You have to understand, that is simply amazing for me. There are times when our suitcases are out and half packed by the next time a use for them rolls around (months later!). But don't think that I've put our trip away. I've been going through hundreds of pictures and editing and tossing and reminiscing along the way. Oh, I know...you just can't wait to get your eyes focused on them, yet, another family's vacation pics...gag me. I tell you what, if and when I post them, you will have the option to click on the X and bail out. Deal? I actually have a few friends that thrive off pictures of other people's, no matter what they are. Sickos. I'm going to slowly slide back into the local scene and take advantage of what we have on our Doha Ladies calendar. There is a museum tour tentatively scheduled that looks to be interesting. Also, I'll be holding another intro blogging class for the lollygaggers that didn't come last time (just kidding, Amy...I'm looking forward to it!). Until we meet, again...syb




P.S. Hey, Mike, I thought of this song and remembered it was one of your favorites. It seems to capture the essence of our trip...2nd honeymoon?? You have to realize, it was our first vacation alone, I think, ever! Well, since honeymoon one.


To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...