Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sunshine!


OCTOBER 16TH, 1989

Today is a very special day, the day "the baby" was born. Yes, the last of four, the caboose, or as Shea would say, the kid that got away with everything. Shea would get so mad that we didn't discipline her like the rest. You know, we were getting tired, and if you knew Kristi, you knew we had to choose our battles very carefully. Over the years our answers for requests for permission ranged from "are you kidding me??" when Shea (the oldest) asked all the way to "whatever" by the time Kristi rolled around. Maybe it's just a natural reaction with that last child. Anyway, I think she turned out quite well in spite of being the "spoiled child". Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't, it's debatable. I'm just happy to say we all survived it, and let me tell you it was a heck of a trip! Happy 19th Birthday, Kristi! Continue to be your own person and reach for the stars.

We love you.





...Mom & Dad



To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Kristi!! You are really making me feel old!

    Love,
    Aunt Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday Kristi.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...