Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, October 3, 2008

Vienna Day 2 Part 1 (& Part 2!)




I'm too tired to make an official part 2, so I'll just add a few words to this one. We spent a whole lot of time waiting and riding buses today...the wrong ones. Kristi, where are you when I need you? Kristi was our expert in London when we were navigating the bus and tube systems. Fortunately, the weather held out until later this afternoon. A light rain has settled in and looks like it will stay throughout tomorrow. 50 degrees Fahrenheit is not near as cold as I remembered it to be. That's been the high the last two days and it's been quite pleasant. Maybe that's what happens if you are prepared...imagine that. Chalk one up for me. I don't even know the name of the church in the pictures. We just happened upon it and tried the door and it opened. I keep telling David, I would be happy to just do a church tour. There are so many beauty churches and cathedrals in this city. The self portraits of David and me are in City Hall. Who needs to ask strangers when you have a timer on your camera, duh. City Hall was absolutely gorgeous. We just wandered through the beautiful grounds and toured the hall ourselves. There weren't tourists there, but we saw it and it looked interesting so we walked on in. It wasn't until we were leaving that we saw a guard and asked what it was. When he replied "city hall", we were shocked. Regina, I added the music for your benefit (and the hotel pic, too). I don't want your ears to be deceiving you when you tune into the blog. And Jan, I did see a lady in some good ole' Texas cowboy boots, but didn't have my camera ready for the shot. Speaking of boots, I wore my 30QR boots that I purchased right before I left Doha. Those $8.00 boots were WAY better than my fashionable, expensive, high heeled boots. Best purchase I've made in a while!
















David and me in front of Vienna City Hall
University of Vienna
Vienna City Hall
The church that I WILL find out the name of!

Inside City Hall



To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

3 comments:

  1. Those are really some awesome buildings! I am sooo jealous! Thanks for the music. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep asking strangers to take your pictures. Dad won't smile without a person on the other side of the camera's and your smiles are not real when you're staring a a machine either. you can always try to make conversation with the natives along with asking for a pic. it will better your trip :) no more timer usage.
    ps. still jealous and wish i were there!

    love, kayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've got our "EYES" on you two....even over here in Jordan. I'm totally impressed with David's behavior during the spitting incident. What a HERO!
    It looks like you two are having a great time. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...