Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sykes News Alert!




After listening to a quivering voice on a message left by Kayla telling me to find "that" cat and that she didn't know why, but she liked it, I headed back out, yet again, in search of Sykes. By now, it was pitch dark which really didn't matter, because I didn't need to be able to see him, I just needed him to hear my voice. After three nights of searching, he finally heard it. I felt a presence behind me and checked over my right shoulder, and there he was trotting after me. He was very happy to see me, putting his paw up to my cheek several times as I carried him home. He's exhausted...I guess from having to watch his back the last several days. As I type, he is sleeping here in his usual position resting his chin on my keyboard. Oh, and by the way Sykes is the one that requested "Reunited".

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

5 comments:

  1. Glad he is back. He reminds me so much of a cat our family had for 17 years. I enjoy reading about the stories of Sykes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God he's OK. Give him a giant hug for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been so worried about Sykes. Cats just have a way of weaseling their way into your lives and when they are gone they leave this great void. I'm so glad you kept hunting and he has been found. I can rest in peace now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regina, I'm so glad you're excited that Sykes is back, since he will be sharing his bathroom with you!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...