Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Vienna or Bust

Leaving Doha this morning
Since I see no post from Kristi, I'll quickly post a few pics from today. We left bright and early this morning and arrived in Vienna about 1:30pm. We took the high speed city airport train into the city and then a cab to the hotel. We checked in and hit the pavement. We walked and walked and my feet are killing me. I had on my heeled boots, but trust me, I won't make that mistake again. I was never so happy to see the hotel this evening after walking in them for hours. We just meandered the streets, not visiting any "official" tourist sites today. We returned to our room and it was a bit stuffy. The air didn't seem to be working so David called room service and they sent someone right up to assist us. He opened our windows, muttering (I didn't hear it, but I know he was thinking it) "stupid Americans!".

This pic is for Kristi...pink trolley!













I'm practicing stopping strangers to take our picture!

"Iced Tea" listed on the menu


































To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, where is the music?? I turned my volume up to no avail!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love ugly American stories!! I am so-o-o envious of you guys in Vienna. Try wearing cowboy boots next time. Everybody over there loves Texans. Really!!!Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww...dad looks so excited on the train :) i'm jealous and missing you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...