Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Saturday Walking Continues




We'll continue the Saturday Corniche walking series, even though it's already Tuesday (too many birthdays this weekend!). David and I set out earlier this time by fifteen minutes. Ok, we're still not there, but eventually we'll get out the door before 11:00 am and the temp is 95. It was unusually cloudy that morning with just a little breakthrough sunshine. We started in the middle of the corniche and headed in the opposite direction this time. Surprisingly, the corniche walkers were at a minimum. We passed only a handful on our nearly four mile trek. I guess they are a little brighter than us and are waiting for cooler weather.We did run across a few fishermen, again, trying their luck. This guy reeled in a doozie with his bare hands and was proud to show it off for me. No water bottle for a pole needed this time. I really thought it was just his bait, but found out it was his prize catch. Wow. Look hard and you will see it! The bait of choice was flat bread. The building in the water is the new Islamic Museum that is scheduled to open in December. And of course, that's yours truly conquering the clam shell. We pass it often and there are always people posing in front of it for the camera. I thought I'd go ahead and take my turn at it. While I was at it, I made a self portrait of me and the clouds for posterity. Until next time...blogfully yours, Syb.









To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

2 comments:

  1. I have been wondering about Sykes lately since you hadn't posted anything about him/her. You better find him/her before I get there. I have been looking forward to seeing her antics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleeeze tell me it's not true. Sykes can't be missing! That cat is way too smart to be lost. He's waiting on you to really miss him and then he'll show up at your doorstep and let himself in.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...