Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bon Voyage Karen, Ed...& Us!




We had a small gathering of ladies from the pink villas to see Karen off to her new and old adventures on Monday. No goodbyes, just until we meet again. As of yesterday, she and Ed are off to Jordan and Egypt for ten days before heading back to home sweet home, West Columbia, Texas. Ed will be back at his home plant in Sweeney and Karen will live the life of retirement that she's come to love so well. Before coming to Doha, Karen was a dedicated elementary school teacher, but quickly adapted to the, "Ed's going to be home in fifteen minutes, I need to make the bed, put away the computer and look like I've been busy all day" mode. Oh, don't you worry, I put myself in that category, as well, except I don't put away the computer and oh, I don't make the bed, and hmm, I forget to look like I've been busy all day. David's a sweetie though and just looks past it, except of course for that infamous morning that he did dump the laundry basket in the middle of the bedroom floor before he left for work. Anyway, Karen and Ed are off for good, and we'll be off on vacation starting tomorrow. The forecast is looking a bit better for Vienna, but however it turns out, I think we'll enjoy it just the same. Of course I will have my laptop with me, so I can share our vacation with you as we go along (other peoples vacations, you can't wait, can you?), pending internet connections and time on hand. I will miss having Kristi with us striking poses for me on command. I don't know if David will be so agreeable. Maybe I'll just give him the camera and take Kristi's place. I'll definitely have to practice on that one. And heaven forbid, I might miss a day on posting in the blog (I heard that sigh of relief!). Maybe Kristi will come through with that update she's promised me. Ok, so don't hold your breath on that one. Bon Voyage to all of us!

Updated Vienna forecast....looking better!




To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

4 comments:

  1. HAVE A BALL!!! Have you and David ever traveled without any
    child[ren]? I bet you'll be looking behind you the whole trip for a lost child. Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in Austria. When in Innsbruck try to make a trip to the Swarovski Crystal Worlds. This is truly a beautiful place. Not sure where you are staying, but you can take a shuttle bus that runs 4 times a day from the Hauptbahnhof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ladies! As a matter of fact, Jan, I cannot remember the last time we traveled without kids. It seems we took a ski trip around 1992 without them. What will we do?? Ha! Thanks for the tip, Lucy. We'll definitely try to do that. We're staying at the Grand Europa. I bet they can direct us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and David took a "non-kid" ski trip with us around 1994-1995. You were so worried about getting in a plane crash and leaving the kids orphans! Enjoy your trip knowing that your kids are safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...