Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Museums to Munchies


Our Doha Ladies' group paid a visit to Sheikh Faisal Al Thani's museum today and to our delight, it was a true treat (thanks, Amy!). The Sheikh has a nice collection of Middle Eastern artifacts, as well as many from around the world. His eclectic menagerie consists of some pretty, good "old" American cars with road kill included. That was actually my favorite part. All of our guys would have loved it. There was everything from shoes from the days of yore to dinosaur bones. Ok, the camel pic, I'm gonna let y'all tell me...not sure what all's going on in this one. After the museum, we drove through the peacock farm behind the museum. It was like a little oasis out in the middle of the desert. Those peacocks have it made in the shade, which is rare by Doha standards. Julie, Chris and myself bid our group good bye and decided to top our day off with lunch at our local "Traditional Asian Restaurant". On the way I remembered that they are closed on Mondays, so Plan B was in play. We headed to this nice little restaurant on the corniche that none of us had been to but to our great disappointment, it didn't open until 2:00pm and we were famished. We then decided on Nando's, since we were near City Center Mall. They say three is a charm, and indeed it was. I had been there before but my lady friends hadn't and they were in for a treat. It was wonderful from the soup and bread served before the meal all the way to the complimentary mint tea the server brought our way. Cheers, ladies! It was a great fun.











To leave a
comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...