Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Uh Oh




Just thought I'd share this morning's front page of The Peninsula, one of our local English newspapers. Forgive me for the poor picture quality. I took a picture of a picture in the paper because I was too lazy to scan it. I'll quote the caption underneath the picture for you :

"Big Fall: A heavy-duty crane fell into a deep excavation at a construction site in Freej Soudan on Tuesday night due to the CONTRACTOR'S FAILURE TO OBSERVE THE STIPULATED SAFETY MEASURES."


You think? This would be really funny if you didn't see these pics in the paper so often. The construction zones in Doha are ridiculous and EVERYWHERE. This is definitely one instance where the Kodak Moment would not be worth it. Keep me off the broken road, please.

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you cleared up the exact location of the "uh-oh". For a moment I thought it was Riviera Gardens but that would have meant that they were actually DOING some work on "the hole".

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...