Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bonjour!



Today, February 25th, is the day that our oldest, Shea, heads to Germany for a pit stop, before moving on to Africa for his Embassy stint. His pit stop has turned into a two month stay, which has answered our question of what to do with the other three kids for spring break. Paris, anyone? It was on our bucket list of places to go eventually, and the army did provide Shea with intense language training in French, so what better place to put it to the test. A three hour train ride for Shea, a twelve to fourteen hour plane trip for the kids (layovers, ugh), and a six to seven hour one for me and David puts us all together for a rare gathering. We can't finalize anything until Shea actually gets to Stuttgart and finds out what his role will be for the next two months. Probably at most, he will be able to spend the weekend with us, but we'll take what we can get. After a few days in Paris, maybe a stop in Switzerland before making our way to Germany? Who knows what the plan will be and I have just a tad over two weeks to put the "unknown" into play. The only thing I know for sure is that it won't be made until the last possible moment, because clicking that "confirm" button, or not clicking rather, is one of my weaknesses. Commitment is totally overrated. Au revoir!




thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. I hope you all have such a good time in Paris. That's my favorite city in Europe. I know it better than I do Houston! Let me know if you want my two cents on what to do and not to do there. Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want more than your two cents! I'll be emailing you, girl :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...