Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Short & Sweet




A quick post today before we head out to lunch with our new Canadian neighbors next door who replaced our previous next door Canadian neighbors. We've met and talked with them a few times and I'm excited to report that Margaret and Jim have hit the ground running in Doha. They've only been here a couple of weeks, but I was hard pressed to find a place that they haven't checked out already. So, Turkey Central it is. It's true Turkish cuisine in a restaurant that says phooey on any fine china or atmosphere. The food is the main event with no whistles or bells. Being that the two of them have recently participated in a three month mission in Tanzania, I'm sure it will be an exquisite luncheon. They're pretty adventurous, so no telling where we'll end up. So you guys, have a good Friday, while our weekend has already begun. Ciao!

Wow...was that short and sweet, or what? You didn't think I could do it, huh? Ok, it's killing me not to continue talking, but I gotta go.

Note to JGA Lori: Sorry, there was not a song called "Turkey Central" :(

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...