Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Dreaming of Baubles and Babes




David and I hesitantly accepted an invitation to attend the 6th Annual Doha Jewelery and Watches Exhibition last night with our neighbors. It didn't really seem like our cup of tea, but we thought, what the heck, we're not doing anything else anyway.We were way out of our price range, but enjoyed browsing the exquisitely prepared expo center with fountains, flowers, chandeliers, and music ensembles in true Qatari fashion. Gorgeous multimillion QR baubles were displayed in endless booths and kiosks for our ogling...a girl can dream, can't she? Apparently guys can, too, as the story goes.

Margaret, my very adventurous next door neighbor, asked a model if she would pose for a picture with her husband, Jim, and she graciously obliged. Next thing you know models were coming out of the woodwork to get in on the action. The guys welcomed the distraction from the jewelry and watches that they weren't paying a bit of attention to anyway. After their "photo shoot", the hubbies seemed to have a little more pep in their step. We won't have much trouble signing them up for the exhibit next year, as I think they've already marked their calendars for the "7th Annual" event.

The models were sweet and beautiful to say the least, and of course, I've changed their names to protect the innocent!


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. Oh I did! A catalog and a bottle of water. How do you think that will look on me?

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...