Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines, Start Your Engines!




My, oh so romantic sweetheart took me out for a very special Valentine's Day treat last night. He really wasn't keen on the idea, but I was the one who coerced him into it. I mean it was Valentine's day after all, so we were off to the races. The GP2 Asia Series races, that is. They were being hosted at the Losail International Circuit Qatar in Doha. Where else would I want to be on sweetheart's day, but amongst more noise than you can even imagine. It was a beautiful cool night and the Doha dust of the past few days had finally settled. No crashes or debris flying into the grandstand, thank goodness, just unbelievable speed was delivered our way. The car we are posing with is from the speed car series, more like a stock car. That race followed the grand prix that we watched, but with an hour between races and already 8:00pm on a work night, we opted out. Our ears were already ringing enough after thirty something laps. I can't even tell you who won, I just know that it wasn't Qatar. I can't even imagine anyone being able to outrace a Qatari driver, but I guess this isn't the only country with speed demons. Oh, I forgot to mention that the track is lighted...enough for seventeen Fifa soccer fields I hear. In fact, it's the largest permanent venue sports lighting project in the world. This is Doha, duh. If they're gonna do it, they're gonna do it with grandeur. And now I leave you with the sweet sounds of Valentine's Day, 2009.



I found the results for you, just in case you had to know :)

As reported in the Gulf Times...click pic to read article



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...