Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Beckham Visits Doha...
Could it Be True?



This morning's news will be bringing smiles to many faces here in Qatar. Soccer, or football as it is called here, is as far as I can see the numero uno of all sports. In the past, we have been caught up in local rivalry victory celebrations on the corniche, where cruising SUVs are carrying young Qatari men on the roofs and hoods whooping and hollering. Of course, I think it's great, as I love a spirited competition, but David doesn't quite feel the same trying to maneuver through the chaotic traffic. Apparently car surfing is one of the legal things you can do in this country, as the police at the roundabouts are ushering them through. Anyway, AC Milan is coming to town March 4, 2009 to honor a local player, Jaffal Rashid al-Kuwari, in his farewell to the game. I read conflicting reports this morning about David Beckham's appearance, but I'm going to side with the Gulf Times, since they say he's a shoe in. If you don't know who David Beckham is, please crawl back under your rock. Mom? Beckham is plastered on Kristi's dorm wall back in Austin. She will be so jealous when I tell her the news. I don't even know if we'll be able to snag any tickets for the event, but just the same it does bring a little excitement to the land of sand.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...