Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Emails are Coming
The Emails are Coming

Well, sort of...





You know I live a sheltered life when my biggest fear is not having anything to blog about. Now please don't put me in the shallow person category, it's just I have this uncanny denial mechanism that kicks in and all real worries are checked at the door. My writer's block fear was deterred last night upon receiving another email. Thank goodness no exercise or rising with the chickens was required in this one! It seems we have some newbies coming into Doha in a few weeks. This gentleman and his wife (I'll call them The Stevemeister and Ellie Mae to protect their identities) have been following my blog for quite some time for inspiration, I think. Ok, well maybe that's a stretch. Maybe the word he used was more like "information". Anyway, I was truly flattered to receive an email from a complete stranger "turned friend". I'm in my element when people want to know about Doha. I'll be straight up and truthful, it's not a place for sissies and whiners. It's a place to hang your hat for a while and see how the world does not revolve around your quaint little towns in the USA. You got me again, so it does, but there is a culture over here waiting to be discovered and understood. So my advice to my new D.C.ian friends (what do you call people from D.C?) is to bring your positive attitudes on over and you will be positively stunned on how different life can be. Good and bad.

P.S. The emails are just pouring in! I've received two in the last three weeks. That makes two for the life of my blog! I'm talking about from people whom I've not had the pleasure of meeting. Woohoo! And, I do appreciate hearing from those I do know already, as well. Keep them coming :) I'd also like to send a shout out and thanks to Miranda from the great state of Louisiana!



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. As my daily ritual goes I was reading your blog today. Unfortunately I missed yesterday because my life of a mother of 3 sometimes takes priority of my "goofing" off. I just want you to know that you just made my day. I'm just reading along and there I am!!!! It doesn't take much to get me excited as you can tell. Have a good evening and I will "read" you again tomorrow. Miranda from Louisiana!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...