Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's the Law



Click picture to read complete article


Wow, this is an interesting newsflash. The Emir has signed a decree to ban plastic materials such as those used in food and drink packaging in this country. This is a little scary since last time I checked that's the project that all of our husband's are working on right now. Does Qatar Chemical ring a bell? Q-Chem is a big producer of polyethylene which is by lay definition, "plastic". Apparently these plastics "cause cancer". Don't get me wrong. This could be a step in the right direction, but maybe Qatar should start saving lives by enforcing it's "no public smoking" and "mandatory seat belt" statutes before putting new laws on the books. Just a thought.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...