Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Before & After

A view of the new St Regis Hotel under construction on my way to the Boot Scoot...


and on my way home...


Not quite, but my head was still spinning from all the dance floor fun (Thanks, Dave!). The Boot Scoot event ended up with a REAL country band. If they would have just added a mechanical bull, we could have pretended we were smack dab in the middle of Pasadena's famed Gilley's reliving our Urban Cowboy days (well, minus the carpeted dance floor, seriously people?!). I'm sorry to say that I never caught the band's name to give them their due worthy shout out. Reminiscing with old friends and adding a few more to the page just completed the package. From Joe's New Zealand version of YEEHAW to the Patrizis winning a TV, to Utah's wannabe Texan Kat, to fun tablemates, Melissa, Sharon and Heather, to the REAL cowboy and cowgirl of the night, Scott and Sarah that closed the place down, it was great to have a little bit of Texas in this corner of the world. Happy trails to you all, until we meet again.



thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Sybil! I was thrilled when I opened your blog to the rousing tune of "Boot Scootin'Boogie!" It is hard to imagine that you were able to have a Texas good time in the middle of Qatar! I bet it was tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was the closest to home we've been other than having the kids visit. It was a TEXAS good time, but I've decided I definitely am not as young as I used to be!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...