Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Hill's the Deal

Ok, so Hillary is in town, pantsuit in tow. I opted not to talk about it because believe it or not, I try to stay "a"political unless I'm sparring with brother Michael at the family Thanksgiving dinner table. Nonetheless, I've been called to the carpet by Facebook and high school friend, Denise, for not sharing this earth shattering event. While, it's really not so earth shattering, it has caused a shortage of pantsuits at the local Doha malls. Did you find anything, Mer? Anyway, there was a small stir on my Tweetdeck this morning sharing some of Ms. Clinton's thoughts while she is in town for the US-Islamic World Forum...

So, that's all I got on Hill. No bumping into her at The Ritz while at high tea or anything remotely exciting. Though we did see a few flagged beamers after our "Valentine" dinner at Bennigans last night, that were, no doubt, toting around dignitaries. Bottom line: Put away your pantsuits peeps and tweeples, Hillary is moving on to Saudi. Ciao.

pic courtesy of @dohanews


thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


4 comments:

  1. This high school friend, for one, appreciates you trying to be apolitical in your blog. That's not what we all love reading it for! Keep on entertaining us, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your buddy, Andreas will be jumping in the LH ski jump beginning on 02/19. He came in at 19 for the NH jump. The Large and Team is what he is good at, so I will be watching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Fran on this one. Thanks for the update, girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Lucy, thanks for the "visual" support of Andreas. We followed him on the "live" updates, but without video it was pretty lame.

    Thanks for the encouraging words, high school buds!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...