Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, February 5, 2010

From Subliminal to Ridiculous

From the Peninsula
I woke up to a deafening silence when our constant running air conditioner suddenly cutoff during the night. Hold the press, not quite so deafening. Was that thunder I was hearing and lightning flashing in my windows? It would have been really nice if I were awake to enjoy it, but I had too much more sleep in store. Unfortunately the electricity was still out this morning upon waking. Thank goodness for my gas stove and old fashion coffee press to get the java going. Now, I just had to check my BATTERY operated laptop for all the latest happenings. Oops...would that wireless router be operated by ELECTRICITY? Darkness prevailed. Finally at 10:30 a.m. I decided to call the front desk for an update on the electricity situation. She had no idea what I was talking about. Apparently we were the only villa without. It was only our main breaker that had been tripped. Apply that old ASSUME saying here. Alas we are all plugged in now and ready to roll. Ciao.

Now, on to the ridiculous ...


Credit for this fine pic goes to twitter's @VEE6. Thanks for sharing!
Looks like it's near City Center.

thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. yikes, i'm sometimes afraid that's how my car will end up the way people drive here!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...