Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Creamed Tomato Burgers

In my quest to make the best of my fresh off the vine first born tomato, a BLT came to mind, but here I am baconless in a Muslim country. What's a BLT minus the B? (No Googling needed, Shea!) Somehow, the sound of an LT just didn't excite me. Plan B: Hamburgers. Thank goodness they're not really made with HAM. As I was getting all my trimmings ready, I realized I had no buns or anything remotely usable so I made a quick run to Riviera's always at the ready grocery store. Bingo, I spotted an eight pack of buns right off the bat, but then saw the individually wrapped buns. How cool is that? I didn't need eight, so why not buy just two? I checked out with my QR2 purchase and whistled all the way home. Now to put my masterpiece together. I carefully sliced my prized possession and then moved on to slice the bun, only to find cream filling inside. Ok, so I had been warned. It said Cream Bun on the plastic wrap, but I thought to myself, this is Doha, there's not really cream inside. I mean, they just looked like hamburger buns. With no one looking, a quick scrape of the knife and voila, creamless buns. Long story short, the hamburgers were delish. I don't know if to attribute it to our garden ripe tomato or the cream buns. Hmm, maybe we'll try honey buns next.

thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. I just got out of a two hour presentation of a new web application I wrote for requesting medical leaves. Very draining to say the least. I opened up your blog and it put a smile on my face. I just love reading your every day antics, even if it is just about hamburgers. By the way, the tomatoes look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thanks, Lucy! That gives me what I need to trudge on. Lately I've been at a loss of ideas and creativeness on my blog. Sometimes I feel like I've beat the horse to death!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...