Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, February 12, 2010

West For a Change

David and I headed west to Dukhan today. We've often heard that the beaches are nice on that side of the peninsula so decided to check them out for ourselves. It was a really nice change from the hustle and bustle and HONKING of Doha. There was a sprinkling of families enjoying the day picnicking and barbecuing and believe or not, swimming. We had just parked the truck and walked to the shoreline to do a little shell searching when a Qatari family insisted we have a seat in their extra chairs. Not taking no thank your for an answer, we sat our hineys down and were promptly served up some Arabic type pancakes, which were quite tasty. I decided our Texas southern hospitality doesn't hold a candle to the Qatari's when we enter their element. We exchanged some small talk and learned that they had traveled extensively, but had not visited America for fear that they would be shot. Wow, that would be funny if it weren't so sad. Anyway, it was a great evening and I'm embarrassed that it took us nearly three years to check it out.

The girls have created a jumping monster. I don't know why, but David wouldn't join me.

Sunset in Dukhan


View Larger Map


thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...