Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

You Say Tomato, I Say Tomato...

hmm, that saying doesn't work so well in print

I know you've been craving an update on my veggie patch in the backyard concrete. Just slightly over a month ago, the first tomato was born. With gardener/carwasher/housekeeper Pabell's vigilant care, they're almost coming along quite nicely. I don't know if it's the lack of sun or the daily drowning he gives them, but the plants themselves are looking ghastly. Here's where you give me Doha desert gardening tips as I'm at a loss. While I won't hold my breath for the rush to aid from my droves of avid readers (well at least two) , I'll just cross my fingers and hope they'll hang in there long enough to make it to the dinner table. I mean, I don't want all my hard work to be in vain.


thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


3 comments:

  1. Well, there is always fried green tomatoes. I hear they are really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miracle grow...ingenious...haha, I hadn't thought about that. I'll have to check to see if it's available here. It couldn't hurt, cuz we know I ain't frying any green tomatoes :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...