Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Kid Update

The best part 'bout waking up is Folgers in my cup AND a Facebook status like the following:

It's "Doppleganger" week on facebook. Your supposed to swap your profile pic with a celebrity one that you look like. That would be Denise Richards replacing Kayla's.


I'll update you on the rest myself...


Kristi's turn. Here she is trying on a fur hat in Doha that pretty much resembles a mullet, which makes her a shoe in for David Spade in Joe Dirt. Ok, enough nonsense. We all know how beautiful Kristi really is. Anyway, she has her sights on Angers, France for this coming fall to do a little studying abroad. The info in the mail headed this way awaiting our stamp of approval. Well, she is "the baby". Besides it gives me an excuse to go visit her during her fall break in late October. I'm jazzed enough for the two of us. Hope it works out, Kristi!


On to Dustin. His lookalike would have to be Matt Damon. That's the name thrown his way over the years. Dustin has turned over a new leaf for grad school. He's Mr. Organized now and ready to roll. With a twelve hour load and pushing those pizzas, he's got his hands full. He's doing everything he can to get his Masters in one year, and trust me, I appreciate that.




Last, but not least Shea. I'm not sure I see it but he says that people tell him he looks like Joe Rogan. Yeah, that's what I said..."who?" Anyway, it looks like Shea might be making another Africa run this summer. He's sitting back in North Carolina waiting on the word. It's down to two countries... one where we would love to visit him (can you say safari?), the other where we would just say, thanks, but no thanks.


I can't sign out without sharing my mom's Doppleganger photo. What the heck is a Doppleganger, anyway? Google timeout. Aha, here's the answer.

thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...