Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Princess of Wails

...wails no more! David and I took our miserable sex starved Princess to The Veterinary Surgery to be "taken care of" after suffering through heat round three. By suffering, I'm talking about us, not her. It was a welcomed 500QR bargain. Add in a couple of vaccinations, antibiotics and boarding (cuz I didn't want to drop her by 8:00am) and we cashed out at 910QR. That was the price of the "other" vet for just the spaying. The only shortcoming at Veterinary Surgery compared to the competitor was that they didn't offer pet psychology services. As I always tell my kids, you can't have everything. The vet informed me that she's a Russian Blue Cross. Sounds impressive for a Doha cat. Of course, I googled that when I got home and found that if she stays true to her breed, she should be "sensitive to human emotions, intelligent, and tranquil". They also commonly fetch, which Princess has already proudly demonstrated to us. The intelligence test? Fast forward twenty four hours post surgery for the answer. Yesterday, while slaving away at my computer, I thought I heard the front door latch open. It was way to early for David to get home. No way. Yes way. There she was on the front porch with the door ajar. What are the odds to have a second cat to achieve such showmanship? We are proud parents, indeed.

From the video vault - Sykes, (RIP) "opening the door"




thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Princess looks like our cat, Molly (RIP). We think she may have had some Russian Blue,and she was the MOST affectionate cat we ever had. Almost acted like a dog the day she would sit on your lap and not budge until you threw her off.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...