Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Coloring of Doha

Once upon a time not too long ago when arriving in the land of sand, white was the only color I saw. It seemed that everything was void of color, be it white Land Cruisers, white sand, or plain white villas. Ok, the Land Cruisers did have brown stripes, the sand was more of an off white, and the villas sported an ecru color. Still, something seems to be changing these days. The longer I am here, the more colors are popping out. I'm not sure whether it is that what I literally see is changing or just how I see it. Could it be that Qatar is just now discovering the color palette? Ok, you caught me. We know that is not true, as I do live in the PINK villas that have been here for a few more years than I have. However, I do believe that the color trend is spreading and all colors of the rainbow will be dusting Doha before long. I see more cars of color on the road and brightly painted villas are coming into view. However, I'm afraid the color of the desert sands will not change. Gosh, I hope not, anyway.

Is that lemon or what? Regardless, I love it!


True Colors ~ Cyndi Lauper
To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. it's against the law to paint a house any colour. The government has a colour pallet which you have to adhere to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very interesting! Thanks for sharing that tidbit of info. It's so nice to be "in the know".

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...