Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Secrets of a Doha Housewife


...get real, people, you'll have to move on down the road to someone else's blog for that. You know, I have no secrets.

No secret #1

Other than eggs and toast for breakfast, I have not cooked once since returning from the States on July 17th. Now, don't go thinking that I'm lazy or that I can't cook. I prefer to look at it as a good will offering. Surely the tips are putting Burger King's delivery driver's kids through college.

No secret #2

Something else I haven't done since returning...finish unpacking. My facebook friends went along with me when I suggested that maybe I'd just do the attrition thing. You know,unpack only what I needed as days went by. I wasn't really serious. Ok, so maybe I was, but then they egged me on even further. They went as far as to suggest that I toss whatever was left after a month, as obviously I didn't need it. Hmm, just a few more days left. I guess that means more goodwill.

No secret #3

I have the best husband ever that puts up with all my...cough cough..."goodwill".


Do You Want to Know a Secret ~ The Beatles


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. do it today! unpack that suitcase today! it is not as bad as you think. and while you are on a roll...cook supper tonight. Think about how good you will feel when you accomplish so much in just one little day. :) YOU CAN DO IT! lala

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just remembered my "today" is your tonight...so do it tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Lori! I felt really guilty after putting this in writing...it was the kick in the butt that I needed. I cooked chili in our 110F weather & it was delicious! That was enough for today, I'll think about the suitcase tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...