Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Mens Requirements


Yes, I did a double take when I saw this shop in Doha's, Al Sadd area. Mens Requirements? My mind was racing, What the heck does that mean? I picked my mind up out of the gutter and did the obvious and peaked into the window and discovered every white material imaginable to tailor thobes. Duh, all men of Qatar require thobes, hence Mens Requirements. On second thought, it makes perfect sense.

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Get your mind out of the gutter, girlfriend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syb,

    I think that your gutter posts are some of the best ones!

    Do not think that you have no influence over your followers. Today I saw the shocker fly swatter that you talked about months ago. They were $14.95 in the hardware store in Oakville, California. Did I get a good buy?

    Keep your spirits high and your mind low girl, love your occasional deviation from straight & narrow.

    Olehere

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, Olehere! My fly zapper was 10QR or $2.75, hence, I bought 8. I mean, who can pass up a bargain like that? My momma taught me well :-)

    Yeah, you're right, a little deviation never hurt anyone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Syb,

    Thank you for "not" answering my question of whether or not I got a good buy... ha. Novelties can be tremendously overpriced (at first) then the competition sets in. There are not too many flies here in Napa Valley but I did want to see why David was so fascinated. Tell him this works on spiders!

    Remember to remember some of us... the song says it the best... some of my "friends are from low places." (Or something like that, you know what I mean... knowing your originality, you will probably have the song posted here soon.)

    Best regards,
    Doug (olehere)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...