Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pimp Those Pumps

I think the protocol to moving to Qatar is starting a blog. Before making the decision to move halfway across the world, seeking out others' experiences seems logical. That's how I got started. After being hooked up with Gina and Michael's blog several months before I moved to Doha, I found it was in no way going to be anything short of a crazy experience that I just might want to journal for myself. Gina has come and gone, but her life here has been documented for every Googler out there that is looking to see how life in the Middle East plays out. Since, I've been blogging about our trials and tribulations in the desert these last three years, I've had the pleasure of answering emails from others that are facing the same life altering decisions that we did. Courtney is one of those that I had weekly, some times daily contact with before she moved here just a few weeks back. When communicating after her arrival, I was so relieved to know that she felt I was pretty much "spot on" with the info I had given her on what to expect. Not only have David and I had the pleasure of meeting the precious little Courtney, we've already shared a few meals, grocery shopped and exchanged hilarious emails. Oh, and a tidbit of info that I've gathered from Courtney is that there is no way on God's green earth (or white desert sands as the case may be!) that she's trading in her pink pumps for desert sandals anytime soon. So, here begins the saga of the pink pumped girl...





To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha you cracked me up!! nice one Courtney.

    Sybil maybe i should call you mum ;) you all looking after all youngsters around you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Naz...Exactly, I think it's because my kids are back home being all grown up and independent! Maybe I'm looking to satisfy my "nurturing" side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been away from the blog world for a while. Just catching up and I'm going to have to try making the bakingbites with my boys. They would love that! Love seeing you take care of Courtney, the newbie. Her blog is so cute. I guess that's who you were eating with at the AG. Hope to see you around soon!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...