Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Exit Strategy~Check ✔

I once read somewhere that the secret to surviving Qatar is to have a plan for your next trip out of the country before you step foot into the country. I wish I could remember who to credit those words of wisdom to, because it holds so much truth. Don't get me wrong. This is a great country providing great experiences, BUT an exit strategy is a sanity safety net. With that being said, our sanity looks to stay intact, unless I go crazy making all the decisions involved in the planning of the next few months...

September: We're heading to France for Eid. Yep, we have a built in excuse to travel the French back roads now that Kristi has planted herself there. So, in about ten days or so, we'll fly to Paris, rent a car, and let the explorations begin. As expected, I don't have much confirmed yet, but we do have flights and a rental car. Those pesky details, such as living quarters and where exactly are we going have yet to be worked out. Decisions, decisions. You know how I am on that. Thanks, Mom.

October:
With Kristi having an entire week off at month's end, I can't let her suffer alone in Europe, poor baby. I just may have to meet her somewhere in the middle, or maybe she will join us in Doha. There will be some great weather at that time, along with the Sony Ericsson Women's Tennis tournament being in town that week. Hmm, another decision.

November:
The second Eid provides for another week of vacation and everyone in Doha knows, you never stay in country when you have a week to spare. What do do? Yes, even more decisions.

December: Back to the States for which will prove to be a whirl wind tour of Christmas in Texas and Tennessee in a limited time frame. Thank goodness, not as many decisions here.

So, we have our exit strategy sewn up, well, pieced together, anyway. I hope you're doing the same.



To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. it would be useful to plan an eid exit if only my company would let in on the secret and let us know when the eid holidays are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! We are blessed to be able to add a vacation day ahead of the "guesstimate" of when the crescent moon will be sited. The other trick is getting out of the country before the insane crowds arrive at the airport!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't caught on to that, always waiting till the last minute to plan my next escape. THAT'S what I've been doing wrong!!!!

    Will be getting right on some plans - thanks for the reminder and a sanity saver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How will you work if you are taking so many vacations?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be reading my mind Sybil. I haven't even moved yet and I'm looking at resorts in the Maldives Islands & searching airfares to Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One must keep their priorities straight while in the Middle East

    1. Your next vacation
    2. Work ~ which I honestly forgot about, oops. Nevertheless, revert back to priority order ;-)

    Chop, chop, Barelynoticeable!! Kudos, Julie! You'll do just fine over here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. unfortunately my exit plan failed as my VISA application to the UK been refused. I think i'm stuck here o_O"

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Naz, tell me you're not on a "no fly" list ;-) That sucks. Oh well, there is an Eid tweetup you can go to. Try to have fun, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha is there such a list called "no fly"? lol no no there was a stupid issue with stamps, so they decided to refuse. They couldn't call immigration to check on my status and they don't know something called E-Gate. =D

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...