Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lebanese Restaurant...Duh

That's the only thing we can figure out what the recently renamed restaurant, LRD, at The Pearl stands for. It was originally named Burj Al Hamam, but somewhere along the way the name was changed for reasons unbeknownst to me. It's not even a fancily scrolled LRD. It's written in boring block letters on the door. Moving beyond the nondescript name is a lovely restaurant with an inviting ambiance. Lebanese food, nor Arabic food in general, has ever been on my list of favorites, but Chef Hamad's skills are giving me pause. The hummus was an amazingly smooth and creamy concoction with just the right mix of ingredients. I'm usually one to pass on the chick pea mush, but LRD's actually left me wanting for more. The tasty fattoush was just right and the shish tawook was moist and tender, unlike most of Doha's chicken. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the fatayer, which I found to have a bit of a strong flavor, but remember I'm not a connoisseur of Lebanese cuisine. The real test...will I go back? Definitely! Well, that's if they will let me. My fellow Texas transplant, Courtney, and I were a bit "Loud American Style", to say the least. We can't seem to help ourselves once we get going. Hats off to the staff for letting us have our fun.

Word of warning: If you need a group shot, put your camera on self timer mode and do it yourself. Photography skills are a bit lacking.

Me, Courtney, Graham, and some of David

Review...

Food:
Freshly prepared, good quality, good flavor

Decor:
Warm, welcoming, cool pink shaded chandeliers (wasn't allowed to take pics!)

Service:
Excellent

Price:
The tab for the four of us was 338QR ($93) which included:

1 plate of Shish Tawook
1 mystery meat plate (pictured-top right)
1 fattoush
1 hummus
1 fatayer
1 big bowl rice
Bread
1 dessert
Water

Location: The Pearl
To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. What no pictures of light fixtures? We'll definitely try LRD...I would have ordered the same thing. Looks like the band was really kickin' it in the chopped off pic. Thanks for the scoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's a good thing that they didn't "strike up" the band. Courtney and I were in rare form...I think we would have turned it into Karaoke night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we would have done Karaoke that night. We were the obnoxious Americans, but if I look back on our outings together, we always have questionable behavior. I think you are a bad influence on me :).

    LR....DUH...about fell out of my chair laughing. It is the most logical thing I could think of. Its the essence of Doha-logical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you imagine if Margaritas were involved?!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...