Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm Huffin' and Puffin'

I had a little surprise this morning upon waking...excess traffic on my blog. Rather than jumping to the conclusion that my popularity was spreading faster than a flashing Land Cruiser driven by a sharp dressed thobed man, I put myself on the case to see what the heck was going on. Fellow, but established blogger (I'm still pecking away), Shabina Khatri published an article that was picked up by the Huffington Post. Shabina's post features the incessantly talked about summer subject of none other than Qatar's killer heat. So how hot is it in Doha, Qatar?, she poses the question. Drum roll...wait for it... it's legendary...hot enough that "cars double as ovens". Hot diggity dog! That's me guys. Ok, Shabina didn't mention the "woman" by name, but that's my mug and cookies in the picture, along with a link to my blog. I've been published! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.




Sharped Dress Man ~ ZZ Top

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. woo hoo sybil! it was just a matter of time. job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is my first time reading your post and i, already following your blog :)

    im a Filipino working here in Qatar BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lori!

    I'm glad you stopped by Choie!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...