Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Keep the Change


...you filthy animal.


Envisioning the scene from Home Alone, that's what I wanted to tell the cashier this morning. I'll take the pack of gum or would I rather the candy bar, instead? Better yet, if I head to the pharmacy, I might just score a pill for change. I'm not kidding you. I've already blogged about all this for you, but after three years, it still humors me and sometimes reruns are better than the first go around. This clerk was a little confused when I asked if I could take a picture of his cash drawer. Of course, I felt a little silly, but sometimes my self control takes a back seat. After explaining that I wanted to photograph the gum in the tray, he just laughed. I did a quick scan around the store, pulled out my bazooka of a camera and snapped as quickly as I could and made my getaway. I had my pic, that was worth way more than the change in the drawer.


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaa i always have fight with them when i say; do you take your salary in gum? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naz, I love it when I get a chocolate! Unfortunately, I usually pay with my credit card, so no change needed :(

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...