Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Countdown to America

I've made my list and checked it twice and them some. Not that I've packed anything, but I've done all the running around that I needed to to get ready for our much anticipated trip to America (tonight!). Sykes is stocked up with cat food and litter, with Kumar in the wings ready to take over. I wish him luck because Sykes has definitely been living up to his name lately. I'm not so sure that Kumar will be able to contain Sykes in the outdoor entry maid's quarters we have designated for him. In the last couple of days, he's chewed off the corner of one Qatar photo album, knocked over my "unbirthday" present (again), and is ever messing with my mosaic coffee set that I picked up in Abu Dhabi. If I ever thought about the possibilities of letting him run the villa while we are gone, they are history. I've got David stocked up with essentials for his six week stint of life in Doha, while I'm still vacationing in the states. Diet 7-up, water, toilet paper and take away menus at the ready. What else could the man need? The last load of laundry is in the micro washer, while I sip my morning coffee and tune in to Hannity and Colmes. Okay, I'm back. You would not believe what I've been going through over a $5 tank top I picked up yesterday. I discovered that it still had the "sensor tag" on it. OMG, have you ever tried to remove one of those things? As the pictures clearly indicate, they are indestructible. I've practically ruined the shirt trying to get it off and it still isn't off. I was scared to pack it thinking it might set off an alarm at the airport, just a bit paranoid, eh? Well, at least the sensor strip is out of it. So don't panic if you see a piece of plastic hanging off the back neck of my shirt when you see me in town. Well, I better get. That took a chunk out of my morning and David will be home soon. The taxi is picking is up at 5:45pm this evening. Our first stop is Kuwait, then on to D.C., then Austin where hopefully, Dustin will be waiting on us with bells on his toes. See y'all soon!






Click Here to Leave or Read Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...