Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Dustin Leaves Doha in the Dust



Dustin's fifty day marathon came to an end when we packed him up and dropped him at the airport this morning. This is the first of our two airport runs today, as we will be taking Kristi there later tonight. Dustin pulled an all nighter in hopes that he will be able to sleep on his Doha to D.C. flight. If he can stay awake for his next two flights (D.C. to Dallas, then Dallas to Austin), he should be good to go back to sleep when arriving home close to midnight. That's the plan, but it never seems to happen that way. After our goodbyes and I love yous, David and I stopped at Ric's Kountry Kitchen for comfort food to fill the void that was left behind. That filled our tummies, but the ride home lifted our spirits. There's nothing like a truckload of sheep on the corniche to make you smile. I'm sorry Dustin missed that one. Also on the way home, I captured the nasty dust that we've been experiencing the last week and a half. I dug up a pic from the archives
taken at the same area. The difference is unbelievable and it seems to be growing worse daily. The paper says it's due to "scant rains" in the region prior to the "advent" of summer. Nevertheless, we will all soon be following Dustin and leaving Doha in the dust.






To leave a comment, click on the title of the post
and
then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...