Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

No Ringy Dingy Here

For the FIRST time...(pause for effect)... In my ADULT life...(pause for effect)...I am PROUD...(pause for effect)...to inform you that I am a free woman. You were really wondering where I was going with that one, huh? Well, some of you, anyway. Half of you were lost (hi, mom) and the other half were on top of it (hi, Joan). And then there's the half (does that work?) that I just ticked off. You'll survive. Kristi's only been gone a day, so of course the full impact hasn't hit yet. I'm hoping it won't since we'll be leaving ourselves in a couple of days making for a good transition. I haven't touched her messy room yet, so that makes it feel like she's just having an overnighter at a friend's house. I was going to barrel through it this morning, but then realized I have all fall when I get back from the states. Any excuse is a good excuse. What did make me realize that she wasn't around was yesterday when we went to the gym and then later to Bennigan's, it didn't matter if we grabbed the cell phone or not. Who would be calling us? Ring, ring..."Mom, can you...?, "Will you...", "Where are you?", nope, it wasn't going to happen. The Doha lifeline was no longer needed. That's a good thing, I guess. Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

...Childles
s in Doha.






To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

1 comment:

  1. You CAN feel proud Syb. You have raised a strong, independent young woman that's ready to make her own way in the world. And that's what parenting is all about. It doesn't take long to get used to the peace & quiet. In fact, they'll come home for a weekend and by Sunday you may be surprised to find out you're ready for them to go home!
    You're gonna do just fine.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...