Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Paradise Awaits




Two tickets to paradise....I think that's about how Kristi and Dustin are feeling right now. Dustin has decided that maybe he's overshot his stay by a few weeks. Six weeks in Doha with no vehicle, no money, and no heat relief can be a bit long for a 23 year old young man. Relying on mama with your hand out and calling taxis gets old. Kristi on the other hand is anxious to get away from the unsolicited smiles, cat calls and stares that a pretty, young, very white girl receives in this country. Heck, I even get that (on a minuscule scale, of course). I can only imagine what she goes through. Perhaps the difference is being on the front side of fifty, sometimes you appreciate those things no matter who it's coming from. That's so sad. So anyway, Dustin heads out on the 20th, while Kristi leaves on the 21st with a first class one way ticket out of here. She'll be anxious, especially since all of her friends will have already left the country. I've hardly seen her lately, she's been living every last breathing moments with her international friends...making their final memorable moments in the land of odd. Not to worry, they all have plans to reunite in the future. I don't doubt that they will, for she and her friends have created unique bonds. Dustin has also made a few friends and I'm sure will stay connected despite the oceans between. But, as I've said before, all good things must end and they'll be on their way to the land of the free and the home of the brave. Hmm...that makes me want to go to a "stros" game. Anyway, that's it from our side of the world today. Have a good one.
To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...