Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Write this Down...No Ads Allowed


It has come to my attention that some of you may think the pics and what not on my sidebar are advertisements. Let it be known that this blog is an ad free zone. There is nothing in it that I didn't manufacture myself for your viewing pleasure or displeasure, whatever the case may be. For instance, the picture of the orange sunset behind the mosque tower is a picture I took last month when making a wrong turn going to the grocery store. Then when I looked up and saw the sun setting behind the mosque, I knew there was a reason for my errant turn. So, I used the pic for the background for the local Doha weather link that I added. This is not an ad. Now, the shoes for the mosque thief story were found on the internet and I turned it into a link that leads to the story in our local newspaper. I guess I could have taken a picture, but that would have required more effort. I asked David if he liked the "Mosque Shoe Thief" story after he read my post the other day and he said he didn't know what I was talking about. Honestly, I can't even get David to read my blog even though he's subject to a pop quiz everyday when he gets home. So anyway, I immediately put in the thumbs up, pointing fingers over my mosque story to make it stand out for him. He chuckled at that, but then tells me that I have too much time on my hands. (Hmm, I could go shopping or hang out at Sharq Village & Spa everyday.) Then Dustin takes a gander and informs me that all that "junk" on the side looks like ads to him. Great. I try to be creative and you see where it gets me. I got one more opinion from "The Lonesome Texan" or the "Last Texan" as Kayla refers to herself in emails to me. She tells me that she doesn't think it looks like ads, and then interjects, "but I'm smart". Then she goes on to tell me that she didn't click on the mosque thief story, either, but the title alone made her smile and she made up the rest of the story in her mind and was, I quote, "satisfied". Whatever it takes. I promise y'all if I decide we need a second income and have to resort to selling commercial space in my blog, I'll give y'all a heads up. As for right now, don't be afraid to click away on my page. You won't go anywhere other than where I intended for you to go. Happy clicking!



To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...