Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, June 13, 2008

Peaceful Dreams




I've figured out what I'm going to do come September when I'm back in Doha childless. Three letters...S P A. It came to me a couple of days ago I joined a few of my tea friends and headed to Sharq Village and Spa for high tea. It was the first visit at this resort for the five of us. The facility is owned and operated by the Ritz, but with a completely different decor. It's not quite so "Ritzy", but at the same time everything is tastefully appointed with a soothing and comfortable atmosphere. The "attentiveness" was much better than the Ritz, as our tea cups never went below the halfway mark. The subtlety of the service was amazing. Our conversations never interrupted, but all needs fulfilled just the same. We were each given a complimentary bag of tea to take with us, which added a special touch. After tea we decided to take advantage of the moment and wander around the property a bit, since it is known to be quite elite in Doha. As we teetered around oohing and aahing we came across The
Sixth Senses Spa that the resort is known for. We asked the doorman if we could just peek in and instead were given the grand tour which afterwards made us feel that we had had an entire day of spa treatments. Just walking around in the never ending rooms of the spa relaxed us while we could hear the cascading waters, the flute music lightly playing, and the subtle scents wafting in the air. Are you with me, yet? We finished our tour and were asked to relax and have a seat in the comfy reception area. We were promptly served ginger tea by our tour guide, Maurine, from Nigeria. We then had "chasers" of a refreshing water that had cucumber, lemon and mint. So, in the coming months if I should for some reason find Doha not so kind to me, I know where to turn now. For that matter, if it is kind to me I know where to celebrate it, as well. Aaaah, a girl's gotta dream...Peacefully yours, Syb.

2 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful. I'll volunteer to go with you. We'll make a day of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, we're going to make a month of it! Ramadan falls during the entire month of September this year. I'm thinking the guys owe us for being so obedient and following them here. Sound like a plan? Ed will get over it...it's only $$...ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...