Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Shea Update

I asked Shea awhile back to send me some pics and info on what's going on with him and this is what I got. I didn't get much of the info part from him, so I guess these pics are his life in a nutshell. That's him with JoJo and Granddaddy at his Special Warfare Training Graduation at Fort Bragg in December. I'm speculating that the tall gentleman standing with Shea is one of his superiors. The other two pics are from his "mum's the word" Vegas trip. He met a bunch of his old Austin buddies there for Memorial Day weekend. As his computer away message said, "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". And that it did. The only thing I got out of him regarding his trip was that he didn't lose more than he planned on, so consider it a success. His language lessons must be going well. When I talk to him via instant messenger, every other response is in French. His graduation from language school on July 19th should complete his formal PsyOp (Psychological Operations) training. After that who knows, most likely Afghanistan or Iraq is the word on the street. Depending on his deployment date, he would like to visit us here in Doha. Hopefully that will be the only trip he makes to the Middle East. Time will tell. So in the mean time, Shea, I'll continue to say a little prayer for you and all your military cohorts around the world.






Leave & Read Comments Here

2 comments:

  1. maybe if shea would have limited it to one drink at a time he would have walked away ahead. tisk tisk on him. :) we'll try again soon shea...i'll be 21 in 4 months! vegas better watch out! and don't worry mom, i won't walk around with a drink in each hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You weren't supposed to notice that, but you're definitely on to something, Missy!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...