Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Grass is Greener in Texas...Duh



Remember the story about me getting old and getting up with the chickens? Well, those days are gone with the Knox/Owens clan. Since they've left, I can barely roll out of bed in the mornings. I must be having sympathy jet lag. The only other thing I can think of is the summertime blues. No goin' and blowin' anymore. Most of my partners in crime have left for Texas. I do have a couple of others, but we tend to lay low with all the heat. Kristi's been useless, as well. I haven't seen her since school let out. No use in retraining myself to getting up early, we'll be on the dusty trail soon enough ourselves. It's hard to believe we'll be leaving next Wednesday. As I was eating breakfast this morning, I realized the first thing I want to do...go to IHOP and get a double order of BACON! Lol, I'm not a huge pork eater, but just the fact that I can't have it here makes me want it that much more. So, Mom, get the bacon ready. We're having it every morning! And JoJo, toss out that healthy turkey bacon, and get the real thing. It's funny, all I ate at home is turkey bacon and I don't want to cast my eyes upon it now. I look at it as an evil imitation. I'm sure David will want to visit our local "Texas Barbecue" in Kyle and order up a pound of pork barbecue for himself. You know, I always preached to my kids the old adage, "the grass is always greener...". And, oh, how true it is. Literally!



To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...