Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, June 2, 2008

Tea for Seven


The events of Sunday:

Another day, another three meals. Nothing like getting a bunch of people together and the main decision of the day is "where's our next meal?". We did eat breakfast at home however, because we can't seem to get on schedule with our rising times. Of course, Joan was up before the chickens again this morning, waiting for the rest of us. The main event today was High Tea at The Ritz Carlton. There's not a whole lot that I can add to the pics...it's as nice as it looks. The live piano music that you cannot hear in the picture was a nice added touch. We strolled around the property and got a great view of the "The Pearl" across the water. That's the man made island that Qatar is building and touting as high end living, which I have no doubt will be. David missed out on the affair, as he was off to work today. He says it's not his "cup of tea" anyway, no pun intended. We stretched the tea out to a few hours and got home in time to call "Hot Chicken" for our evening meal. That's the guys studying the new menu that arrived on our doorstep a few days ago. Hundreds of food items to choose from. Bob's wondering, "Should I get the double ducker burger with computer juice to go along with it?" I'm pretty sure that ducker is a typo for decker, but what the heck is computer juice? Ah, decisions, decisions.

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

1 comment:

  1. I don't guess you get doggie bags over there to take home those wonderful looking pastries that are left over. lol

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...