Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Showers, No That Would Not Be Rain



They came,they saw, they finally conquered. Well, that's what they tell me, anyway. Our water heater stopped working about five fast showers ago and after three visits from the villa people (not to be confused with the Village People), it is fixed. We've been having to turn the water on cold to get warm water, because if you turn it to hot you get cold water. I don't understand it, people, but David could explain this Doha phenomenon to you. Myself, I don't have the energy to listen to the reasoning involved, or even care for that matter. All I know is that my next shower,hopefully, will be scalding hot and I will be beet red when I emerge.

Footnote: I couldn't find the original James Taylor version of the song, but thought this Gospel Choir did a nice job...never thought of it as a Christian song,





To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

1 comment:

  1. WOW at my house, hot is hot and cold is hot.

    Hey, how does your site meter work?

    You are such the Blog Queen!
    Sher

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...