Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Got Milk?

David & I should be in D.C. about the time most of you are rising this morning...6:47am EST. Here's a blog that I "prescheduled" for today so that you wouldn't miss a beat. Now, that doesn't mean there won't be any skipped beats this summer!

Do you see what my grocery shopping experience has been reduced to? A pint of milk and six eggs. I remember the days when I would get a couple of gallons of milk at a time. Those days are long gone. Now, to be honest, I only got six eggs because we are leaving the country. Only in Doha can you walk into the store and buy by the egg. I usually get a crate of thirty at a time. Yes, that is a cracked egg in the bag. That's the price you pay for buying them individually. My little man at the grocery was tripping out over the fact that I only asked for six. He must of repeated five times during the course of the visit and then even after placing them in my car....."only six, madame?". Yes, only six, I repeated for the last time. I tried to explain that I was going on vacation, but it was lost in translation somewhere. As you can see, Sykes is happy to watch over the goods for me while I snap the picture. He's just like one of the kids. I remember the saying I heard quite often while raising the kids, "you have to choose your battles". Well, as you've figured out, I'm tired of choosing between battles. Sykes is the clear winner.





To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

1 comment:

  1. After following ur notice to comment I could reach here without cracking of eggs or sloping of milk hahahaha

    I hope You are happy in my sister country Qatar and in Doha

    I hope u visit Egypt or I visit Qatar soon

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...