Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Kristi's Day Continues


The Knox/Owens entourage has left Doha this morning to integrate back into the sane world of America. Amazingly enough, things were per pretty civil and sane while they were here. Motorists behaved themselves for the most part, not too many honks or too many close calls. What didn't behave was the weather. First they arrive when the humidity rears its ugly head for the first time this year, then the record breaking temps set in. We still managed to have a great week which I'll update you on in the coming days, but it's still Kristi's moment. Graduation was wonderful. Who would have every thought a little over a year ago that we would be sitting in the American School of Doha with other people from all around the world witnessing Kristi's graduation. What a turn of events. It was a roller coaster ride this year for Kristi as she toiled over what to do. Should I stay, should I go? We see which direction she chose and I believe it was without any regrets. So now, she can carry her experiences forward to the next level at St Edward's University in Austin. She will join Kayla there, who has also become a little more adventurous after getting a taste of different cultures on her three visits here in the last year. Kayla will continue her role as a residence assistant this fall and as I understand it, Kristi will be one of her residents. I'm afraid that that might be a little too adventurous. We'll cross our fingers on that one. Speaking of adventures, Kristi's name will continue on in my blog's title. I could never have done this without her and she will be with me in my heart as I continue on my adventures, albeit without her physical presence. I've teasingly said that I will not have empty nest syndrome, but the realization of her leaving did hit me this morning. But as we speak, I've finished my crying and I promise to be strong and continue the journey. Congrats, Kristi...keep us in your heart as you are in ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...